Why You Need a Top WordPress Business Theme
A huge number of business websites use WordPress as their platform. And for good reason.
It's stable, it's reliable and has a relatively short learning curve.
But its strength lies in the themes and plugins that you can add.
A top WordPress business theme can really make your website stand out. And if it's a conversion optimized theme, then your major challenge, that of attracting visitors has been given an early boost.
Your Top WordPress Business Theme Must Do 2 Things
What do you ask of your theme?
1. It has to make your website look good and load fast. That's basic, isn't it? You put a lot of work into making a post or page rank high in Google. A visitor clicks on it and waits... and waits... oops, they're gone.
Or it does load and it looks, well, awful. A kindergarten project. Doesn't matter how good your content is, they're gone.
2. It has to be easy for you to make it look and act exactly how you want. There's not much point in having one of the top WordPress business themes if it doesn't give you that.
Let's look at these two things in a bit more detail.
Does Your Top WordPress Theme Load Fast?
Clearly, load fast is a subjective term and depends partly on what you're used to. If you have a poor Internet connection, then you'll be used to delays and so will be more tolerant of a slow load.
But if you have a high bandwidth fiber optic connection, your expectations will be set accordingly.
So, all things being equal, what can you do to ensure that your top WordPress business theme helps your website to load quickly, not slowly.
- Use a nice, clear theme, like Luxe from Thrive Themes.
- Don't have a heap of plugins from different suppliers that are all competing for bandwidth.
- Make sure that your WordPress editor compresses images before uploading them to your Media Library. Large image files are one of the major causes of long load times. Thrive Architect, the plugin editor that comes with Thrive Themes, automatically compresses images to a fraction of their original size while its uploading them, without any visible loss of resolution.
- Consider using an accelerator plugin. But be careful of compatibility and use a tool that measures site load speed with and without the accelerator. With some plugins, you'll be pleasantly surprised. With others, unpleasantly.
Is Your Top WordPress Theme Easy to Customize?
Many WordPress themes look great in the sample, but when you load them they look pretty ordinary.
That's because the sample has been heavily customized and, of course, already contains content.
And like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
You shouldn't build a serious business website on a free theme. It won't look great, it might be buggy and interfere with 3rd party plugins or even WordPress itself. It's unlikely to be well supported.
The bottom line is if you want a top WordPress website, you need a top WordPress theme.